Chief Technology Officer
This is a position handled by our partners in The Netherlands: DUPP
Photanol (www.photanol.com) is a young, ambitious and growing company with currently 35 employees. Photanol has developed a sustainable production technology for next-generation renewable chemical compounds. Photanol uses proprietary engineered cyanobacteria that use carbon dioxide (CO2) and sunlight to produce valuable products. From the first patent in 2008, the start-up phase in 2012 and the first pilot plant in 2016, significant progress has been made. Thanks to partnerships with reputable, industrial companies, the innovation process is developing at full speed. Currently Photanol has its own R&D facilities at the Amsterdam Science Park, Prodock Amsterdam and they are starting up their new demonstration plant at Chemie Park Delfzijl, in close cooperation with Nouryon. In 2021 this plant will produce the first Photanol products, as preparation for the next phase towards commercial production 2024. In order to bring their Technology and Research & Development to the next stage, we are searching for a professional and entrepreneurial
Chief Technology Officer (join the biotech revolution and help us to restore balance on the planet).
- Responsible for directing Technology and Research & Development in line with the Photanol growth strategy
- Participating actively in defining the Photanol strategy, objectives and milestones
- Developing and implementing the innovation route
- Managing required budgets, staff, innovation facilities and timelines
- Striving for a balanced portfolio of projects based on thinking in opportunities, managing potential risks and delivering results
- Building and maintaining external networks with academic and industrial partners
- Initiating proposals for generating budgets from subsidy funds and for obtaining resources by external collaborations
- Determining and safeguarding unique knowledge as intellectual property
- Exchanging pro-actively relevant knowledge with Business Development and Operations
- Reporting to CEO and member of Management Team, next to CFO and COO.
- Master degree in Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering or an equivalent
- Senior experience and proven track record in Process Technology and R&D in synthetic biology/biotech, chemical, food or related industries
- Capable of driving the innovation process with a portfolio of projects towards market launch; bridging market requirements and technological capabilities
- Able to utilise external networks and partners for obtaining additional budgets and resources
- Commitment for green innovation routes that contribute to a more sustainable world
- Fits with the culture and dynamics of an entrepreneurial and innovative company, with a dedicated team and many challenges
- Personal competences: conceptual thinking, convincing, results driven, creative in problem solving, decision taker, pragmatic attitude and perseverance.
More information and application
If you are interested in this position, please contact Hans Hilbrands, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-51025152 or apply via this link: https://www.dupp.nl/vacature/chief-technology-officer-photanol-amsterdam/