Commercial Manager – Food Ingredients
Foodjob Nordic is now looking for a Commercial Manager to join AKV’s Global Sales & Application Center in Agro Food Park in Aarhus. The Commercial Manager will be responsible for strategic planning, overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of commercial capabilities across Global markets. The Commercial Manager ensures good performance and strong strategic planning on the targets of defined business objectives regarding budgets, process, and client requirements to maintain and enhance profitable operations. The Commercial Manager is based at AKV Sales Office in Agro Food Park, and reports to the CCO in this very lean and flat organization with a high level of entrepreneurial spirit.
Responsibilities and goals:
The Commercial Manager is responsible for the performance and development of successful strategies for the commercial operations according to the agreed Business Plans regarding native and modified starch. The Commercial Manager will identify the most relevant client segments and will develop go-to-market plans in close cooperation with the CCO and Sales team. The Commercial Manager should identify the best distribution channels and partners and interact with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote growth and efficiency in commercial operations, including input to product development and drive new product launches.
Important focus points are:
- Development and implementation of strategies/process improvement/management to ensure commercial success of the business and optimal distribution channels
- Work closely with the CCO and cross functionally within the organization to develop business plans, budgets and the creation of a strong commercial excellence agenda
- Responsible for sales development to maintain and enhance profitable commercial operations both through direct sales and distributors
- Work with team members to identify new technologies/processes leading to new products and commercial opportunities beyond current core product areas
- Commercial excellence within both commodity and solution-based sales
- Educated with a Degree in Sales, Marketing, Science, Food Tech or comparable qualifications
- Strong experience from Sales in an international role in the Food Ingredients industry
- Substantial experience and knowledge of the Food Ingredients business areas
- Outstanding networking and cooperation skills including experience in collaboration with partners and stakeholders in an international perspective
- Strong project management skills, high integrity and thought leadership skills
- Self-starting with excellent communication skills
- Flexible and is willing to travel up to 100 days annually
Salary and location:
- Based at HQ in Central Region, Denmark. Attractive salary package+ pension + benefits
Further information and application
Partner and Senior Advisor Martin Alsted from Foodjob Nordic, tel. +45 2917 1009, email: [email protected] or Founder & Director Mads Kinch Clemmensen, tel. +45 2912 6119, email: [email protected] can be contacted for further information on the position.
AKV Langholt AmbA is a Danish potato starch producer with production and headquarter in Langholt, Northern Jutland and the global Sales & Application Center in Agro Food park, Aarhus. AKV was established in 1933 and is a cooperative owned by approx. 200 farmers. More than 95% of our sales are generated from export to approx. 60 countries around the World via direct sales to the global food industry as well as to local distributors. The product portfolio consists of both native and modified starches, including innovative clean label starches. AKV has had a sales joint venture with the American company Cargill for decades but has successfully established an own sales organization in 2019.