Technical Sales Manager – Food Ingredients
Foodjob Nordic is searching for an experienced Technical Sales Manager for AKV’s Global Sales & Application Center in Agro Food Park in Aarhus. In this position, you are responsible for international customers both directly and via corresponding sales agents or distributors. The right candidate has a strong drive and is a self-starting business professional with excellent communication skills, and experience within the European food industry. The Technical Sales Manager will report to the CCO in this very lean and flat organization with a high level of entrepreneurial spirit.
- Identify and drive client projects within innovative clean label starches
- Formulate specifications and product development processes for customer-specific projects
- Initiating the development and launching of new products and areas of application
- Technical training and knowledge sharing with the Sales team, Distributors and Customers
- Observing and analyzing competitors and the market development
- Create technical presentations and trouble shooting in the pilot lab and with clients
Professional experience with providing B2B technical sales support and managing client projects with food ingredients are the main requirements for the job. Preferably you have completed technical hands-on training as well as studies in food science, food technology or business/commercial. Ideally your technical background is complemented by an additional qualification in business management.
- Educated with a Degree level (Food Science/Technology/Business)
- Minimum of 5 years BtB experience in the food industry
- Experience from the food industry with developing technical applications, customer interfacing and managing customer relationships, preferably in many market segments
- Combines a commercial mindset and drive with specialist technical knowledge regarding the functional use and nutritional value of starches
- Strong project management skills, high integrity and thought leadership skills
- Fluent in English and preferably German or French language
- Based in Denmark in the Central Region and willing to travel up to 80 days annually
Key Performance Indicators:
- Sales contribution from your area of responsibility
- Development of high value add business in area of responsibility
- Ability to make strong technical presentations regarding new applications
- Develop strong relationships with customers (able to interact strongly with both technical, marketing and purchase departments)
Salary and location:
- Based in the Central Denmark region – attractive salary + pension + benefits
Further information and application
Partner and Senior Advisor Martin Alsted from Foodjob Nordic, tel. +45 2917 1009, email: [email protected] or Founder & Director Mads Kinch Clemmensen, tel. +45 2912 6119, email: [email protected] can be contacted for further information on the position..
Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.
AKV Langholt AmbA is a Danish potato starch producer with production and headquarter in Langholt, Northern Jutland and the global Sales & Application Center in Agro Food park, Aarhus. AKV was established in 1933 and is a cooperative owned by approx. 200 farmers. More than 95% of our sales are generated from export to approx. 60 countries around the World via direct sales to the global food industry as well as to local distributors. The product portfolio consists of both native and modified starches, including innovative clean label starches. AKV has had a sales joint venture with the American company Cargill for decades but has successfully established an own sales organization in 2019.