Shipping & Logistics Coordinator – Seafood
Foodjob Nordic is seeking a Shipping & Logistics Coordinator on behalf of Sirena A/S, a market leading seafood company dealing with global sales and marketing of high-end products. The objectives are clear, and the future growth ambitions are high. Based at the Company Headquarter in Nærum north of Copenhagen, you will be a key part of the Shipping & Logistics Department and work in close cooperation with colleagues in Sales, Supply Chain, Finance and a large number of external stakeholders. You will be working in a very lean and flat organization with a high level of entrepreneurial spirit. Sirena has expanded its business with a new product area, the company is looking to expand its Shipping and Logistics capacity with a high performing and experienced professional to take ownership for the business area and setup the value chain with support of a strong organisation for fresh seafood to the customers.
The position will be responsible to set up, execute and optimize a commercial fresh seafood value chain of logistics and operations regarding international transports and warehousing end-to-end from fish farm to customers in Europe, and help ensure optimal logistics performance in cooperation with sales relevant suppliers, forwarding agents and various transportation companies to carry our products safely and swiftly from supplier to customer. The products are delivered fresh mostly by road transportation.
Key Focus Areas:
- Establishment and coordination of the entire logistics chain of the business focusing on optimal performance, warehouse turnover rates, in- and outbound logistics and analytical, data driven insight in potential competitive advantages
- Contract negotiations with key stakeholders and suppliers, primarily regarding logistics and warehouses
- Supporting the sales department and ensuring compliance regarding selection of logistics providers, loading and delivery deadlines, exchange of departure and arrival information and correct documentation in accordance with customers’ needs
- Handling of complaints, damages, fines and special arrangements with suppliers, transportation companies and warehouses to optimise operations in compliance with client’s terms and conditions
- Ensure that the team is fully up to date and knowledgeable about status on transports and products
- Act as sparring partner for the team on customs/licenses issues
- To motivate your colleagues and cooperate especially the sales and finance team, ensuring performance is maintained at agreed standards in a performance driven and energetic work environment
- Educated at degree level or equivalent (ideally logistics bias) combined with current and in-depth experience of international, preferably within commercial food/FMCG operations and knowledge of food legislation
- Outstanding analytical and executional skills and ability to develop close and effective working relationships with all key internal/external stakeholders and demonstrate positive influencing skills
- Self-motivated and positive attitude with high levels of energy and drive to achieve targets
- True logistical and logical mindset and able to act upon own initiative using sound commercial judgement whilst ensuring the team and key stakeholders are kept informed and updated
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully motivate a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills with high level of IT literacy, Excel and Dynamics AX is preferred
Salary and location:
- Based at Head office in Northern Zealand – attractive salary according to qualifications
Please contact Director Mads Kinch Clemmensen on +45 2912 6119 or [email protected] to learn more about this exciting position. Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.
The Sirena Group specialises in the global sales and marketing of seafood products. We take pride in the strength of our relationships, having cultivated some of the longest-standing strategic partnerships – and friendships – with fishing vessels and processing plants all over the North Atlantic. We've done this by taking a straightforward, long-term approach to all of our activities and relationships. Our partners are some of the biggest players in the industry, and it's no secret why: our long-haul commitment and seafood trading expertise. See more at http://sirenagroup.com/