Global Senior Category Manager Slowcooked Foods
The Global Senior Category Manager position at Danish Crown Foods will lead developments and drive strong global growth and innovation in the Slowcooked category in the Danish Crown Foods European Marketing and Innovation Business Unit. The Global Senior Category Manager is responsible for the development of a range of commercial market approaches, to engage and align local markets with the global strategy and lead cross channel specific market teams to deliver projects within the strategy. The focus area will be Danish Crown Foods’ Slowcooked products to key customers in the Retail and Foodservice channels across European and International markets. The Global Senior Category Manager reports to the Category Director at Danish Crown Foods.
Responsibilities and goals: The Global Senior Category Manager will join a dedicated European team of 9 colleagues, who are responsible for driving and developing different product categories across markets and channels in a European perspective. All in all, the team is responsible for the categories; Bacon, Slowcooked and Snack products, which includes delivering the right strategies, driving innovation, building customer and consumer insights and optimizing category portfolios.
The Global Senior Category Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Slowcooked category strategy, delivering product solutions to customers in a narrow but very challenging business area. The position will take lead of the category development of the relevant sales channels and markets. Furthermore, the Global Senior Category Manager will focus on developing a strong innovation pipeline based on customer and user insights, facilitate the lead market model to leverage synergies across markets and minimize duplication, and will coordinate marketing activities with sales channels. The Global Senior Category Manager will have a strong collaborative approach with markets, ensuring synergies on developing cross-market product concepts and share best practice on market executions with the local sales organizations.
By strong personal insight, utilization of the resources in the Slowcooked Business Unit, data gathering and analysis he/she will make a series of successful market approaches that drives a coordinated portfolio of concepts with both local and global footprint across sales channels and markets.
The responsibility of the Global Senior Category Manager will include:
- Strategic understanding of the Danish Crown Foods Slowcooked business, value chain and products
- Strategic analysis of relevant Markets, Customers and Competitors in the Slowcooked category
- Development of concepts and solid business cases for Global projects in the Slowcooked category based on trends and consumer/customer insights where relevant
- Making formalized strategies to be turned into category/channel marketing plans
- Coordinating marketing activities in general in the channel specific market segments
The new Global Senior Category Manager shall bring professional and strategic marketing knowhow into the organization. After the necessary period of training, he/she shall be able to make relevant external and internal analysis and grow into the role as strategic executor and advisor. The ideal candidate profile will include:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a strategic/commercial/marketing role in category management – preferably from a medium to large size international food company, consultancy or similar
- Good understanding of B2B customer relations and of FMCG (B2B and B2C)
- Relevant commercial education - preferably at Master level
- Analytical and structured mindset and work style, but still able to work hands-on
- Strong networking and stakeholder management skills – positive project and stakeholder manager
- Excellent English skills – orally and in writing
- Interested observer of international trends and developments in the food industry market segments
- Flexible and willing to travel approximately 10 travel days per year, primarily in Europe
Salary and location:
- Location will be Danish Crown Foods HQ in Randers, Denmark, or at offices in Germany and the Netherlands. • Attractive salary package + pension + benefits
Please contact director Mads Kinch Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic on +45 2912 6119 or [email protected] to learn more about this exciting position. Of course, Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.