Application Specialist – Food Ingredients
Foodjob Nordic is looking for a technically sound and experienced food industry profession for an exciting Application Specialist role on behalf of KMC A.m.b.a. KMC is a successful international producer of potato-based food ingredients. You will be a part of a passioned team who is eager to succeed. The right candidate can combine a scientific approach with commercial awareness and strong practical problem-solving skills at customer and production level across different new application areas such meat, snacks, fries and non-food for a beginning. The position is a new role based on the need for strengthening the go-to market focus and competencies in the technical-commercial aspects of the business. The Application Specialist will report to the Application Director.
Working with formulations, technologies, and starch-based ingredients, you drive the development of new applications end-to-end and ensure optimal documentation for KMC in your process. Working with tailor-made client solutions, you will be involved in a wide variety of customer projects in a challenging environment where two days are never alike. Some key elements in the job will be:
- Technical advice on processes and formulations and validating product functionality
- Knowledge sharing and best practice
- Developing new product areas and applications as well as optimizing the existing ones in collaboration with technical sales, production, R&D, product management etc.
- Optimizing formulations combining relevant technologies
- Creating documentation and proof points with our R&D-department
- Visiting the customers, visit fairs, making tests and recipes in the kitchen/lab
The right candidate is already an experienced application specialist within food and have a passion for teamwork and to deliver solutions. The ideal profile has a technical education as a food scientist, engineer or similar, combined with practical hands-on experience. To thrive and have success in the role it is also quite important that you possess great interpersonal skills. You are customer-oriented in your approach and you are professional in your behavior and communication. You like working with people with different backgrounds and cultures, and you are motivated by building strong relationships, working closely together with the purpose to create a strong team spirit and culture. To become a successful part of the KMC team, you must acknowledge the following:
- Team player and passioned about your job with a positive attitude
- Proactive in you approach with high energy level and results/task drive
- Ambitious and able to create results through strong communication capabilities
- Balanced personality – able to think open and communicate honest
- Good communication skills in English and Danish – written and spoken – is required in the role
We are looking for a proactive and flexible professional, who is eager to deliver and take an active part in developing new application areas and help commercialize the solutions for the customers. A team-player who is also strong in project management and able to balance working in details and at the same time keeping the broad overview of many parallel running projects.
Salary and location:
• Based at HQ in Central Denmark Area – attractive salary + pension + benefits
Further information and application Director Mads Kinch Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic, tel. +45 2912 6119, email: [email protected] can be contacted for further information on the position.
Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.