Dairy Technical Application Director
Saputo Inc. is one of the top ten dairy processors in the world, operating not only in Canada but also in the US, Australia, Argentina and Europe. With 16.000 employees Saputo produces a wide array of dairy products such as cheese, fluid and ESL-milk, cream products and dairy ingredients like powders.
For a new established position within Saputo´s corporate structure, Foodjob Nordic is looking for a subject matter expert to act as a significant influencing force within Saputo`s global operations.
The position is based in Montreal / Canada.
The overall purpose of the position is to provide subject matter expertise regarding external technologies in the dairy industry with focus on cheese production, whey and powder technology. This implies:
- Market analysis of available technologies
- Conduct cost benefit analysis regarding the impact of new technologies on the business
- Guide both technology supplier and the receiving Saputo division to a sensible commercial outcome
- Build external relationships to universities, machine manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Build internal relationships to Plant Managers, Technical Managers and other important internal functions
This position offers you the opportunity to support a big company with your knowledge in dairy technology and work in an international environment in a very flexible and self-dependent way.
The following qualifications are considered as necessary in order to have success in the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in dairy science or food technology with special dairy background
- Minimum 5 years` experience in the dairy industry, preferably coming from production in a technically advanced industrial dairy company or from a dairy-focused machine manufacturer
- Good understanding of dairy processing, ideally with knowhow of proteins and physio-chemistry of cheese
- Existing network of technical or commercial contacts in the dairy industry technology sphere
- Well developed communication skills - fluency in English
Furthermore it is important, that you possess a proactive, self-starting personality with a high level of discipline and prioritization, a pragmatic approach to work, and the ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
The position requires an extensive travel availability (up to 50 %).