Country Manager Norway
Foodjob Nordic is now looking for an outstanding Country Manager to be responsible for developing the Norwegian market and delivering on an ambitious growth strategy for a market leading restaurant group with Global impact. The Country Manager will develop and execute the implementation of the vision and strategy in Norway. The Country Manager has overall responsibility for the Norwegian business, reporting to the International Managing Director, and will be part of and lead the management team in Norway.
In the first phase, the primary focus will be on delivering on the strategic ambition to grow profitability and sales and expand the business in a highly competitive market in Norway. As such, he or she must work with relentless drive and strong customer focus to identify, evaluate, and build valuable business strategies and execute efficiently for the Company, and continually be able to challenge and develop the store performances and determine new ways of exploring needs and improving solutions.
Additionally, the Country Manager Norway will work on all elements of the operating business, corporate development and stakeholders to secure a successful business. It is, hence, a key criterion for success that the Country Manager Norway can secure customer focused value-adding initiatives to secure competitive leverage. To succeed, the Country Manager Norway is expected to possess a profound knowledge within Norwegian Retail and/or QSR industry and to have thorough market familiarity combined with a well-equipped commercial management toolbox.
The Country Manager Norway should be able to facilitate a strong commercial customer-centric focus and performance across the organization and secure a strong follow up on initiatives within the organization. As such, the Country Manager Norway will contribute to forming a high-performance team adept at reaching the goals and targets of the business.
The Country Manager Norway should have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and be motivated by the opportunity to work in an environment with a great deal of ambiguity and limited resources at his or her disposal. In line with this, the Country Manager Norway must be able to navigate the complexities of an international matrix organization with many different stakeholders across the organization. Therefore, the candidate must possess strong collaboration and communication skills and must be able to unite people around an idea and create buy-in. On an external level, since the business will have highly decentralized structure, it is important that the Country Manager Norway can engage with stakeholders on a local level and be present and hands-on in his or her approach.
The right candidate can expect a challenging job and a unique opportunity to optimize the performance of the business in Norway and leverage his or her profound knowledge and commercial acumen within the area.
The Country Manager Norway will have the following main areas of responsibility:
- Strategic management, business planning and execution of strategic initiatives with strong customer focus
- Create effective governance and appropriate stewardship of the local operating environment
- Develop and deliver operational strategies to drive improvements in: sales and profit, category management, real estate expansion, space planning, in-store merchandising, promotional and loyalty techniques
- Construct a strategic plan that supports the operational business plan and drives profitable performance in a blend of corporate stores and franchised stores
- Maintain and build network and strong teams within the business on both a corporate and local level
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across the organization
- Manage, motivate, and develop employees
- Plan and follow up on sales, budgets, and targets.
The Country Manager Norway will be measured on the ability to contribute in a significant way to reaching the set target for the business unit. Furthermore, the candidate will be measured on his or her ability to work proactively and on a strategic and tactical level with business development to create value for the Company in Norway.
Professional Experiences and Competences
- Operational and customer focused management experience within Retail and FMCG, preferably within QSR
- Comprehensive experience and track record from the Norwegian or Nordic markets
- Experience with developing strategies to drive exceptional commercial results
- Experience from a dynamic growth company, working with project management in complex environments with a high number of stakeholders
- A results-driven leader who excels in building strong relationships with customers
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial, motivated by, and able to maneuver in a dynamic environment
- A salesperson at heart with strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Well-structured and analytical approach to doing business
- 'High energy, independent, and self-motivating
- Proactive and curious with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships
Salary and location:
- Location will be Oslo Area in Norway • Attractive salary package + pension + benefits + incentives
Please contact director Mads Kinch Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic on +45 2912 6119 or [email protected] to learn more about this exciting position.
Of course, Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.