Global Product Management Lead – Ruminant Probiotics
The Global Product Management Lead will take on the main tasks to define the dairy cattle strategy, the portfolio and R&D pipeline and lead the implementation strategy. This will be accomplished leading the new Global Ruminant Marketing team. This position will directly contribute to the company’s and the department’s success. The GPM will have decision making power on strategic products and projects and will have an influence on the future fields of research by understanding the specific needs and expectations of both clients and end-users in a highly complex B2B environment.
The GPM has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, solid technical experience working in the Animal Health industry and is expected to directly contribute to Ruminant Probiotics business area success by successfully developing the business activity Globally. Being able to quickly show understanding and command of the company’s solutions portfolio and turn this knowledge into business will constitute an important success factor in the role. The GPM will be expected to show an ability to communicate effectively on technical matters and will work closely together with Sales and Innovation. The GPM can look forward to travel approximately 50% of your time per year to meet distributors, colleagues, partners and to attend to relevant conferences.
- Investigating and mapping business opportunities for Ruminant Probiotics
- Lead and manage the product range: Direct-fed microbials (DFM)
- Provide feedback on market trends, competitor actions and developments of Ruminant products and applications
- Analyze implications and recommend actions
- Manage the Ruminant Probiotics scientific trials
- Lead the Ruminant Probiotics strategy implementation
- Assist in clarifying priorities for the Ruminant Probiotics business for each region in collaboration with regional sales management
- Manage implementation of contingency plans, and coordinate with supply chain to ensure continuous balancing of supply and demand
- Planning and working independently on several projects at a time
The future GPM is expected to have solid knowledge platform in the Ruminant business area. Having an entrepreneurial spirit driven by a need for commercial success will strongly contribute to this person’s fulfillment within the organization. The GPM will join a highly skilled and dedicated team, who is responsible to all the added value chain of probiotics in Chr. Hansen bridging Innovation with Sales. The team comprises of 25 people with different nationalities and speaking in total 16 languages. You will have the global responsibility for both Beef and Dairy sectors with the possibility to grow and play in an international and motivating environment. The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- M.Sc./Ph.D. level in Animal Science/Agricultural/Agronomy Engineer/DVM
- Global or European experience within Ruminant, as Marketing Manager, Senior Product Manager in Feed Ingredients, Pre-mixers or from Feed manufacturer
- Good oral and written communication skills in English combined with an ability to adapt to different interlocutors
- Solid negotiation skills, follow-up discipline, pragmatic and methodic business development approach
- Prior experience as Nutritionist / Veterinary Doctor in Formulation or R&D Nutrition, ideally within a pre-mixer or feed manufacturer, to ensure a strong scientific and technical background
- International experience, collaboration with different cultures and nationalities and Key Opinion Leader network
- Genuine entrepreneurial spirit, self-driven, initiative-taking, ability to handle several projects at once
- Outstanding management skills, taste for reaching success as a group and for making the difference
Attractive salary package + benefits. This person will be expected to travel extensively. Opportunities to significantly grow within the organization
Please contact Director Mads Kinch Clemmensen on +45 2912 6119 or [email protected] to learn more about this exciting position.
Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.