Business Manager Northern Europe
Foodjob Nordic is looking for a skilled Business Manager for Northern Europe to join DNV GL Business Assurance. Offering quality assurance, certification, supply chain, data and risk management services in more than 100 countries, DNV GL Business Assurance is experiencing extraordinary growth in the Food, Beverage and Aquaculture area and has strong ambitions to grow the business even further. DNV GL Business Assurance is very well-reputed for its services quality. The company offers technical, digital and operational expertise as well as risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge to empower their customer’s decisions and actions with trust and confidence.
The right candidate for the Business Manager position needs to have a significant experience in the Food or in the Aquaculture sector across the region, and the role has two main dimensions: Team Management and Business Development. Thus, a meaningful experience in both functions is mandatory and will guarantee the new team member’s future success within DNV GL Business Assurance. The Business Manager also combines strong market knowledge with commercial drive and a pragmatic approach to the business needs of the food and agricultural sector.
Responsibilities and goals:
This position is reporting to the Regional Director Northern Europe, and the Business Manager will be responsible for the entire Northern Europe Food/Beverage/Aquaculture Business Unit of DNV GL Business Assurance, focusing on managing the organization to meet the objectives. The position will be directly managing a team of 3 local Food and Beverages Managers and overseeing a team of 30 permanent employee plus several subcontractors.
The Business Manager is expected to directly contribute to DNV GL Business Assurance’s success by quickly understanding and taking some command of the company’s solution portfolio. By setting up operational and growth metrics to meet the objectives of the company in Northern Europe, the Business Manager is directly contributing to the company’s results and will have a strong impact on its further development. The position offers serious possibilities to play a significant role and grow with the business in a particularly entrepreneurial Business Segment of the DNV GL Business Assurance organization.
• Being an active member of the regional management team and work closely will all the other members of that team to execute the global and regional F&B Strategy
• Delivering on operational and growth metrics as agreed in target setting
• Defining and putting in place strategies and actions to meet targets for revenue, operating margin, growth, retention, quality of service
• Ensuring the development of F&B resources in the Region, including coaching, managing, mentoring, and leading performance as well as increasing the competence of the F&B teams
• Analyzing Food & Beverage market trend information to recommend changes to practices and policies and improving market positioning
• Ensuring an effective implementation of Key Customer Management approach
• Reviewing F&B performance, establishing and implementing actions to improve results
• Participating in the global F&B network of DNV GL Business Assurance
Qualifications & Profile:
The future Business Manager has a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a drive for successfully managing a business combined with a solid knowledge platform with regards to the Food and Agricultural Industry. The Business Manager will be expected to show a well-developed ability to manage a skilled team and to communicate effectively on the business performance to relevant stakeholders.
Key qualifications are:
• Strong market and technical knowledge in Food or Aquaculture – Digital Transformation awareness is also required.
• Experience from a business development or other commercial role marketing technical/complex products or solutions
• Solid experience in team management
• Good oral and written communication skills in English combined with an ability to adapt to different interlocutors, fluency of a Scandinavian language is a plus.
• Analytical and methodic but also pragmatic business management approach
• Finally, the future Business Manager must have team spirit and a taste for reaching success as a group as well as an individual.
Salary and conditions:
• Attractive salary package + benefits
• Regional travel in Northern Europe – expected level is about 40% of the time
• Opportunities to significantly grow within the organization
Please contact Director Mads Clemmensen or Consultant Paul Moinel from Foodjob Nordic on +45 2635 3855, [email protected]
to learn more about this exciting position. Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.
APPLY FOR JOB