Arla Foodservice – Global Key Account Director
Foodjob Nordic is now looking for a Global Key Account Director to be responsible for developing customer relationships and delivering on Arla’s 2020 growth strategy with large global foodservice key accounts. The position is a new role, and will report to the Head of Foodservice Europe.
In the first phase, the primary focus will be on delivering on the strategic ambition to grow in the Quick Service Restaurant Channel, namely pizza chains, with mozzarella. As such, he or she will work closely with existing clients to further develop and solidify long-lasting strategic partnerships. In the following phase the focus of the role will expand and include selected other channels, customers, and categories. To this end, the Key Account Director must identify, evaluate, and build valuable business relations with new market leading clients and continually be able to challenge and develop the sales procedures and determine new ways of exploring customer needs and improving customer solutions.
Additionally, the Key Account Director will work on concept development and product development to secure an innovative pipeline. It is, hence, a key criterion for success that the Key Account Director can gather market and client intelligence and translate this into value-adding initiatives to secure competitive leverage. To succeed, the Key Account Director is expected to possess a profound knowledge within foodservice and to have thorough market familiarity combined with a well-equipped KAM toolbox. The Key Account Director should be able to facilitate a strong commercial focus across the foodservice organization and secure a strong follow up on initiatives within the organization. The Director will initially have one KAM in direct reference but is expected to grow the area with three to four references shortly after. As such, the Key Account Director will contribute to forming a high-performance team adept at reaching the goals and targets of the business unit.
The Key Account Director should have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and be motivated by the opportunity to work in a start-up environment with a great deal of ambiguity and limited amounts of resources at his or her disposal. In line with this, the Key Account Director must be able to navigate in a complex international matrix organization with many different stakeholders across the organization. Therefore, the candidate must possess strong collaboration and communication skills and must be able to unite people around an idea and create buy-in. On an external level, since several pizza chains have decentralized procurement functions, it is important that the Key Account Director can engage with clients on a local level and be present and hands-on in his or her approach.
The right candidate can expect a challenging job and a unique opportunity to promote Arla’s position in the foodservice segment and leverage his or her profound knowledge and commercial acumen within the area.
The Key Account Director will have the following main areas of responsibility:
- Strategic account management and business planning
- Work with existing key accounts to develop strong, strategic partnerships
- Keep close communication with clients on both a centralized and local level
- Work with product development and innovation
- Seek out and analyze market and customer intelligence to develop sales strategies and product development strategies
- Maintain and build network within relevant sectors
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across the organization
- Manage, motivate, and develop employees
- Plan and follow up on sales, budgets, and targets.
The Global Key Account Director will be measured on the ability to contribute in a significant way to reaching the set target for the business unit. Furthermore, the candidate will be measured on his or her ability to work proactively and on a strategic and tactical level with innovation and pipeline development to create value-added products.
Professional Experiences and Competences
- More than ten year’s sales experience within FMCG and preferably within food or foodservice
- Comprehensive experience and track record working with large, sophisticated, global customers
- Experience with developing and leading strategic partnerships to drive exceptional commercial results
- Adequate seniority to discuss strategic issues and opportunities with senior executives and procurement professionals. Some experience with dairy, specifically cheese, is preferred
- Experience from a dynamic growth company, working with project management in complex environments with a high number of stakeholders
- Experience with value selling and innovation through value-adding product development collaborations is an advantage.
- A results-driven leader who excels in building strong relationships with customers
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial, motivated by, and able to maneuver in a dynamic environment
- A salesperson at heart with strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Well-structured and analytical approach to doing business
- High energy, independent, and self-motivating
- Proactive and curious with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with clients and internally across functions.
Salary and location:
- Location will be Arla HQ, Denmark or other Arla hubs around Europe
- Attractive salary package + pension + benefits
Please contact director Mads Kinch Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic on +45 2912 6119 or [email protected] to learn more about this exciting position. Of course, Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
APPLY FOR JOB