Sourcing Manager with strong fish and marine industry experience
Foodjob Nordic is looking on behalf of ScanBio Marine Group A/S for an experienced fish industry professional with a strong sourcing network within sourcing of marine raw materials for the feed or food ingredients industry. ScanBio Marine Group AS is a Norwegian company which sources biproducts from fish and harvesting industry processing to ingredients for raw material back in the food chain. We have the head office Trondheim Norway, and two factories on the central coast of Norway. We engage more than 100 employees and have a total revenue of 530 MNOK in 2020. For more information, please watch www.scanbio.com
In 2021 Scanbio founded Scanbio Denmark A/S, and purchased assets in Bornholm, Denmark to source fish directly from vessels in the Baltic and North Sea. The position is a new role created because of the expansion and will offer opportunities for developing a sourcing network marine ingredients for future aquaculture and livestock feeds for global markets. The Sourcing Manager will be responsible to strengthen our strategic competency within sourcing towards fishing fleets and the fish processing industry. The Sourcing Manager should have a solid professional basis, an independent personality, and a commercial drive. The ScanBio Group has a strong focus on the potential of optimisation of raw materials, supply chain, quality and new innovative opportunities to drive value creation for the company and its clients. This exciting new position will be based at company locations and refers to the Global Sourcing Manager.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Tactical and operational sourcing of marine raw materials according to targets
- Overall responsibility for heading our site in Nexø, Bornholm
- Budgeting and HR management for the ScanBio team in Nexø
- Negotiations with suppliers
- HSEQ responsibility
The position should strengthen the purchasing organization and operational capabilities for the Nexø site, and is able to analyze complex challenges of both commercial and resource-based nature and come up with solutions on how these challenges are handled and resolved. Assignments are done in cooperation with other employees, but you are the expert in the Baltic and North Sea region, and you will be the driver in sourcing considerations.
- Practical experience from the marine and fish industry with a strong network in the industry
- Logistics and processing experience is desired
- Management experience, or the will to lead
- Systematic and persistent, but thrive even in a busy life
- Safe use of MS Office suite and use Excel at high level
- Good communication skills, both Danish/Norwegian, English and preferably German or Polish
- Forward moving with great professional curiosity, but also a team player with respect for others
- Industrious and development-oriented
- Ambitious and easy-going type with strong networking skills
- Confident in managing operational people in different roles
- Flexible and able to travel
The position offers an attractive compensation package based on qualifications. If you have questions regarding the position - contact Mads Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic at +45 2912 6119 or [email protected]nordic.com
Scanbio Marine Group is established in Trondheim, Norway, with production facilities in Norway and Denmark, and transport vessels along Norwegian the coastline. Scanbio is a leading producer of highly nutritious fish protein concentrates and fish oils which are valuable ingredients for the aquaculture feed, animal feed, Petfood, and bio-fuel markets from pelagic, white fish and salmon by-products. The Company’s business addresses the growing global market demand for protein ingredients from sustainable and renewable sources.
Sustainability is a core value for ScanBio. No fish is caught specifically to supply our factories.
This job is not available anymore