Development-oriented Plant Manager for ingredients company
Foodjob Nordic is searching for a strong leader with good experience from the process industry within food or pet food to strengthen the daily operation and development of the company, BHJ Seafood UK. The factory is a modern production company located in Grimsby, England, which produces a wide range of fish-based ingredients for the Petfood industry. The production consists of automated processes for fish processing, and the company has a strong team.
As Plant Manager, you report to BHJ's Managing Director UK, and as responsible for the factory's development and operation, you are responsible for optimal raw material utilization, quality, purchasing, production economy, capacity utilization and coordination with BHJ's Development and Sales department in both the UK and Denmark around new products. You get direct managerial responsibility, which involves staff planning, employee development, production planning in close collaboration with Customer Service as well as responsibility for the factory's ability to deliver in the following areas:
- Optimisation and streamlining of capacity utilisation of the production plant and other resources
- Ensure delivery of the right quality on time in conjunction with requirements and demand from the market
- Ensure a good working climate, strong team spirit and well-being at the factory
- Compliance with operating budget and production calculations
- Project management in connection with procurement, installation of new equipment and introduction of new processes
- Contribute to product and process development
The Plant Manager role contains exciting management challenges and good personal development opportunities. You get a lot of responsibility, and the opportunity to put your own stamp on the development of the factory.
The job requires a relevant education at Technician or Engineer level as well as strong competencies as a personnel manager. Your ability to make things happen through proactive behavior, leadership and professional sparring with your team is crucial to creating great results. Therefore, your experience with production in the food or feed industry, process industry or the like are of high priority. The tasks are diverse and the pace is sometimes high. Therefore, it is essential that you:
- Have a high energy level and thrives on many tasks in the process at the same time
- Good communication skills and can make everyone pull in the same direction and towards common goals
- Can create an overview and optimize production results and use of resources
- Are structured in your approach to work and can systematise, but at the same time be pragmatic and creative
- Have good collaboration skills
- Thrives on independence, have quality awareness and have an eye for detail
BHJ Seafood UK is located in Grimsby UK and is a subsidiary of LGI Denmark. Fresh fish by-products are processed for use in the Petfood industry, which has a total of 25 employees. The production is carried out in three shifts five days a week, for which it is necessary that the right candidate is willing to establish himself or herself in Grimsby area.
The company offers an attractive salary package according to qualifications.
Ready for new challenges?
Contact Director Mads Clemmensen from Foodjob Denmark, tel. 2912 6119, e-mail: [email protected] for further information. Send your application and your CV as soon as possible. Applications are processed on an ongoing basis.
We look forward to receiving your application - Foodjob Nordic ensures discretion for all applicants.