Commercial Manager – Plant-Based Food Ingredients
Foodjob Nordic is now looking for a Commercial Manager to a market leader in sustainable plant-based protein, starch and fiber. The Commercial Manager will be responsible for sales across the EU markets. The Commercial Manager ensures good performance and strong strategic planning on the targets of defined business objectives regarding budgets, process, and client requirements to maintain and enhance profitable operations. The Commercial Manager reports to the CEO in this very lean and flat organization with a high level of entrepreneurial spirit.
Responsibilities and goals:
The Commercial Manager is responsible for the performance and development of successful Business Plans regarding native and modified ingredients. The Commercial Manager will identify the most relevant client segments and will develop go-to-market plans in close cooperation with the CEO. The Commercial Manager should identify the best distribution channels and partners and interact with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote growth and efficiency in commercial operations, including input to product development and drive new product launches.
You have a strong technical understanding as well as commercial drive, the ability to familiarize yourself with the slightly more technical issues that our customers face and understand how to develop the business for both customers and our client. You can find solutions and create results independently, but just as important, you can create results in collaboration with and through others, just as you are able to collaborate with the company's other employees. The profile of the company is based on natural and sustainable ingredients, and the Commercial Manager must be able to present these advantages as well as the high nutritional and functional quality of plant-based ingredients to clients with passion and a co-creation mindset.
Important focus points are:
- Development and implementation of strategies/process improvement/management to ensure commercial success of the business and optimal distribution channels
- Work closely with the CEO and cross functionally within the organization to develop business plans, budgets and the creation of a strong commercial excellence agenda
- Responsible for sales development to maintain and enhance profitable commercial operations both through direct sales and distributors
- Work with team members to identify new technologies/processes leading to new products and commercial opportunities beyond current core product areas
- Commercial excellence within both commodity and solution-based sales
- Educated with a Degree in Sales, Marketing, Science, Food Tech or comparable qualifications
- Strong experience from Sales in an international role in the Food Ingredients industry
- Substantial experience and technical knowledge of the Food Ingredients business areas
- Outstanding networking and cooperation skills including experience in collaboration with partners and stakeholders in an international perspective
- Strong project management skills, high integrity and thought leadership skills
- Self-starting with excellent communication skills in English, Danish and preferably German
- Flexible and is willing to travel
Salary and location:
- Home based or at offices near Aarhus, Denmark. Attractive salary package+ pension + benefits
We process incoming applications on an ongoing basis and will encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Accession as soon as possible by appointment. If you have specific questions about the position, Mads Kinch Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic can be contacted on phone +45 2912 6119 and [email protected]