Technical Manager – Food Production in Norway
Foodjob Nordic is looking for a strong food industry professional for an attractive Technical Manager role. Our client is a market-leading food company based in Norway. Prima Brands Group has its main business in the green and blue sector of the Norwegian Food Industry through 3 groups. Within the green sector, the Prima Brands group is active in the entire value chain, with slaughtering, trimming and processing of Premium meat, with a sales and development focus in the Premium market for groceries and commercial kitchens. In 2022, Prima Brands and Prima Idsøe had a combined turnover of NOK 2.1 billion and approximately 250 employees.
The Seafood group Prima Blue has established the production of marine proteins and oils as well as the filleting and sale of pelagic fish. In 2022, the Prima Blue group had a turnover of NOK 750 million and approximately 50 employees.
The right candidate has several years of experience from similar positions in the food industry, preferably in production, machinery or technical equipment, and can ensure optimal maintenance management in collaboration with your colleagues. This right candidate is technically educated within the machinery or food industry as a technician, technologist, engineer, machinist or similar.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for overseeing the general maintenance of the factory including mechanical installation tasks and troubleshooting according to guidelines, on time and to the specified quality. Likewise, it is the Technical Manager’s task to ensure that maintenance and start of production lines is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the site-specific prerequisites for the work to be carried out. The Technical Manager must ensure good communication and progress, and is responsible for:
- Contribute to ensure the company's profitability by actively keeping a spotlight on cost developments and seeking improvements to reduce costs
- Establish interdisciplinary cooperation with other departments through good dialogue and communication to ensure involvement in the department's and the company's improvement work
- Plan and carry out maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs that ensure efficient operation of our production equipment
- Use the maintenance system actively to plan activities in the short and long term
- Follow up suppliers within mechanical subjects to ensure the quality of deliveries including the necessary FDV documentation
- Participate as a resource person in the implementation of technical projects
- Carry out improvement work in collaboration with other departments
- Ensure compliance with HSE routines
The right candidate must be willing to settle in the immediate area around the company, which is centrally located in Western Norway.
What we offer candidates
You will get the opportunity to work in an exciting organization with growth ambitions, good working environment with pleasant colleagues within one of Norway's most important industries. The role and company also offers great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Ready for a new challenge?
If you have any questions about the position - contact Director Mads Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic, who is involved in the selection of candidates, on phone +45 2912 6119.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.