Laboratory Manager – Food Ingredients
Foodjob Nordic is searching for an experienced Laboratory Manager for EUROGUM A/S, part of Bang & Bonsomer since Spring 2021. The right candidate has strong professional experience with QC and application lab with food ingredients, and ideally some experience within the European food industry. The Laboratory Manager will report to Head of Business in this very lean and flat organization with a high level of entrepreneurial spirit.
Important focus points will be:
- Daily organization and prioritization of work and substitute other functions in the lab
- QC work + follow up and approval
- Participate and conduct in complain cases
- Provide and participate in demo work and products for internal and external seminars
- Training of new colleagues
- Save and archive reference samples and blend reports from external blenders
- Coordinate and source utilities, needed chemicals, other materials and equipment in the lab
- Develop new and keep existing control methods updated
- Conduct and organize tests to be carried out by external labs.
- Various ad hoc work
The Laboratory Manager is also responsible to produce samples to customers, and ensure that we archive all relevant information, reference samples and certificates of analysis. There is also more practical assignments to keep the laboratory, washing room and sample room up to date, functional and clean, and to organize laundry, lab coats, etc. when needed.
It is crucial that the right candidate has an overview, customer focus and a strong value chain understanding. You can create an overview of task, and at the same time be hands-on so that things get done. You get to handle a wide range of administrative business procedures, as well as support for sales and purchasing.
Professional experience with QC and application lab with food ingredients, are the main requirements for the job. Preferably you have completed technical hands-on training in food technology with experience in the main application areas of EUROGUM.
- Educated within Food Science/Technology/Laboratory
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the food industry
- Strong project management skills, high integrity and thought leadership skills
- Fluent in Danish and English language
- Experienced in a laboratory
- You should be: Systematic, flexible, reliable, responsible, proactive
As a person, you are outgoing, service minded and flexible with regards to the tasks and work load in the company, so we help each other during holidays and general busyness.
Salary and location:
- Based in the Copenhagen region – attractive salary
Further information and application
Director Mads Kinch Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic, tel. +45 2912 6119, email: [email protected] can be contacted for further information on the position. Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.
For more than 25 years, EUROGUM’s focus is food technology and the customization of Carrageenan and Alginate solutions for individual applications and customers. EUROGUM has since the Spring 2021 been part of the Finnish, family-owned group Bang & Bonsomer, that has been an innovator for 90 years, and our know-how will help to design smarter food products to improve quality of life for the next century as well. Constant product development, innovation and consistent quality control are key parameters for EUROGUM’s success and growth. Efficient logistics secure reliable, flexible, and on-time deliveries. Together with our distributors, EUROGUM has developed a leading position in Europe and is extending its position to several overseas markets. EUROGEL products add value to processed meats, desserts, confectionary, dairy, and a wide array of many other products. Each product from EUROGUM is created to suit a specific application – and most of our products are developed in cooperation with actual customers. EUROGUM is constantly exploring new territories and applications where Carrageenan and/or Alginate can be applied.
Dette job er ikke tilgængelig mere