Global Food Safety Risk Lead
Foodjob Nordic is looking for an experienced food safety professional for a newly created role in Chr. Hansen’s Global Quality Assurance organization. External demands are increasing and becoming more complex and there is a need to ensure a solid foundation of knowledge to stay upfront on emerging food safety topics on a global scale.
Reporting to Head of Global Quality you will be part of the team that manage and support on global quality and food safety topics and processes. Your main responsibility will be to proactively provide the framework and guidance to Chr. Hansen’s different business areas transferring new food safety insights and topics into workable food safety programs and initiatives.
Your role and primary focus can be described in three areas:
- Develop and manage global food safety programs to support statutory, regulatory and customer requirements for Chr. Hansen product areas (establish direction and framework).
- Stay updated on new product safety regulation and standards (EU/US/Codex; ISO/FSSC22000, FAMI-QS, Dietary Supplements).
Being internal lead:
- Lead global task force in emerging topics and food safety alerts, e.g. by coordinating internal resources for recent EU Ethylene Oxid alert.
- Monitor and report on Food Alerts/Food Fraud, public recalls and government enforcement.
- Head up internal analytical monitoring and surveillance programs for raw materials and finished products.
Building external network:
- Build in scalability and leverage use of external consultants/experts to develop a relevant external scientific network for capturing trends and contributing to define Chr. Hansen’s food safety strategy.
On a daily basis you will work closely with and support colleagues across functions in Chr. Hansen’s many sites and offices in both Europe, Americas and Asia. You will be working
with products that makes a difference for people and you will join a global team in a new role that offers great opportunities for personal and professional development in a dynamic and inspiring environment.
Hybrid working opportunity with base at Chr. Hansen in Hørsholm, Denmark. A limited amount of travelling should be expected.
Besides a master’s or Ph.D. degree within Food Science or a related nature science field you have 7+ years experience working with food safety and food regulation in an international setting. Preferably you have experience directly from the industry (B2B/B2C) while industry association/authority experience is a bonus.
You possess good project management skills and you know how to navigate in a matrix organization and in a network of external collaborations. Fluency in both spoken and written English is a must and so is digital savviness and well developed IT system skills.
On the personal side you are experienced and comfortable setting the direction for the organization based on a systematic and thorough way of thinking. You have positive and pragmatic view of the world and see the possibilities rather than the obstacles on your way. You are driven by making results and not afraid to act and explore.
Further information and application
Senior Advisor & Partner Martin Alsted from Foodjob Nordic, tel. +45 2917 1009, email: [email protected] can be contacted for further information on the position.
Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.