Technical Sales Manager – Food Ingredients
Foodjob Nordic is searching for an experienced Technical Sales Manager for EUROGUM, part of the family-owned company Bang & Bonsomer since Spring 2021. In this position, you are responsible for international customers both directly and via the company’s sales offices or distributors. The right candidate has a strong drive and is a self-starting business professional with excellent communication skills, and experience within the European food industry. The Technical Sales Manager will report to Head of Business in this very lean and flat organization with a high level of entrepreneurial spirit.
- Identify and drive internal and client projects within innovative Carrageenan and Alginate ingredients, and maintain our action/project logs for fast and precise project management
- Formulate specifications and product development processes for customer-specific projects
- Initiating the development and launching of new products and areas of application
- Proactively contact distributors and clients and make the necessary follow-up
- Technical training and knowledge sharing within the Sales team, Distributors and Customers in house or on other locations
- Observing and analyzing competitors and the market development, and calculate cost and sales prices
- Create marketing material, technical presentations and trouble shooting in the pilot lab and with clients
- Participate in customer visits, and relevant exhibitions
You have a strong technical understanding as well as commercial drive, the ability to familiarize yourself with the slightly more technical issues that our customers face and understand how to develop the business for both customers and EUROGUM. You can find solutions and create results independently, but just as important, you can create results in collaboration with and through others, just as you are able to collaborate with the company's other employees. The profile of the company is based on reliability, speed and expertise, and the Technical Sales Manager must be able to present these advantages with passion and a co-creation mindset.
Professional experience with providing B2B technical sales support and managing client projects with food ingredients are the main requirements for the job. Preferably you have completed technical hands-on training in food technology with experience in the main application areas of EUROGUM.
- Educated within Food Science/Technology/Business
- Minimum of 5 years BtB experience in the food industry
- Experience from the food industry with developing technical applications, customer interfacing and managing customer relationships, preferably in many market segments
- Combines a commercial mindset and drive with specialist technical knowledge regarding the functional use and nutritional value of starches
- Strong project management skills, high integrity and thought leadership skills
- Fluent in Danish and English language
- Flexible, reliable and willing to travel up to 50 days annually
Salary and location:
- Based in the Copenhagen region – attractive salary
Further information and application
Director Mads Kinch Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic, tel. +45 2912 6119, email: [email protected] can be contacted for further information on the position.
Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.
For more than 25 years, EUROGUM’s focus is food technology and the customization of Carrageenan and Alginate solutions for individual applications and customers. EUROGUM has since the Spring 2021 been part of the Finnish, family-owned group Bang & Bonsomer, that has been an innovator for 90 years, and our know-how will help to design smarter food products to improve quality of life for the next century as well. Constant product development, innovation and consistent quality control are key parameters for EUROGUM’s success and growth. Efficient logistics secure reliable, flexible, and on-time deliveries. Together with our distributors, EUROGUM has developed a leading position in Europe and is extending its position to several overseas markets. EUROGEL products add value to processed meats, desserts, confectionary, dairy, and a wide array of many other products. Each product from EUROGUM is created to suit a specific application – and most of our products are developed in cooperation with actual customers. EUROGUM is constantly exploring new territories and applications where Carrageenan and/or Alginate can be applied.