Director, Sustainable Innovation & Reporting
Foodjob Nordic is searching for an experienced Director, Sustainable Innovation & Reporting for Danish Crown Group – a global meat company and among the world's largest within the field. The position is a challenging new role working across a matrix organization, aimed to develop and execute on Danish Crowns sustainability strategy and help drive Danish Crowns sustainability agenda to the next level.
The position will lead the Sustainable Innovation & Reporting area/domain by defining the strategies and build the relevant operational plans in accordance with our Group sustainability strategy, and head up the Sustainable Innovation & Reporting department compromised of app. 10 employees placed across different locations. It is essential for the success of the role that there is a dedicated focus to leadership, based upon Danish Crowns leadership principles. As we know where we want to go in 2030 and 2050, but we don’t know all the answers, so the role will have to engage in innovation with internal and external partners to find new solutions and new parts for Sustainable Innovation & Reporting.
The Director, Sustainable Innovation & Reporting will provide the factual foundation for the strategy development and execution, as well as other decisions related to the environment and climate change agenda. This includes participation in developing and shaping methodologies, regulation and the toolbox influencing strategic interests of the Danish Crown Group to enhance Sustainable Innovation & Reporting within the field of environment and climate change. The position is a proactive role, that brings an analytical and creative angle on understanding and communicating the most important strategic and operational issues impacting long- and short-term performance.
The position reports to Senior Director EHS & Sustainability and participates in the management team reporting to this position. The Director, Sustainable Innovation & Reporting is responsible for building and sustaining a team of project leads reporting to him/her. The right candidate will drive the development and execution of a broad-based, company-wide strategic sustainability initiatives focused upon specific tasks and accountabilities, divided into different tracks of the Sustainable Innovation & Reporting department provided below:
- Sustainability data (backbone) and develop our sustainability agenda – that means develop and extend/strengthen current initiatives like strategy around pacing materials, offsetting, SDG, SEDEX, human- and labor-rights in our supply chain. Beside existing initiatives, it is important to be able to horizon scan, and be able to see upcoming trends in sustainability, and link these into a Danish Crown context.
- Data & transparency, that will enable Danish Crown to track, monitor and report/disclose progress in validated form. Focus areas are to build Danish Crowns sustainability data backbone, that will enable EHS & Sustainability to report progress monthly, quarterly, and yearly but also a dataflow that will qualify Danish Crown to track Sustainability KPI’s and allow for yearly update of our LCA tool, and progress reports on Science Based Targets Initiatives
- Sustainability reporting to ensure timely reporting on sustainability progress, from yearly sustainability report to overview over monthly/quarterly KPI’s. Beside traditional reporting and progress reports, there are more specific sustainability projects and align and develop datapoints based upon GRI standards.
- Customer support to complex customer requests/questionnaires, map customer obligations, size, signed NDA’s and prioritisation and monitor and deliver insight in customer/retailer focus
- Internal CSR maturity regarding CSR risk mitigation and policy implementation
- Responsible value chain to support Risk mitigation in procurement, sustainable logistics setup, supplier audit framework and human right deep dive
- Policies & CSR foundation
The right candidate for the Director, Sustainable Innovation & Reporting has solid experience with sustainability and CSR management in industry related environmental issues and regulation from the Food Industry, as well as strong Management skills. The right candidate has a relevant scientific background combined with experience with international Accounting principles regarding sustainability (GRI, GHG, SBTi and other), plus a good command of important tools related to the position ( e.g. best available techniques in food production, life cycle assessments and environmental management).
Personally, the Director, Sustainable Innovation & Reporting has a diplomatic but persuasive appearance, and is good at relationship building. Improving cooperation and communication across the organisation is important, including a constructive and positive mind-set. The right candidate has a proven scientific and business track record, and the ability to create and relate numbers to business decisions.
The Director, Sustainable Innovation & Reporting works with a strong sense of urgency and a high level of tenacity and a constructive “can do” attitude in all matters, can see the big picture, while at the same time willing to be very hands on and dig into details as needs be.
- Approximately 5-10 or more years or more of professional experience in sustainability and CSR management
- Good leadership skills with outstanding teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong intellect, result-oriented with a personal impact and a commercial edge
- A mature and pragmatic personality with good communication & Interpersonal skills
- Relevant academic background with a Masters degree or similar.
- Strong English language skills (written & verbal) is required, German is also preferable
- Experience from Food industry is an advantage
Salary and location:
- Based in the Central Denmark region or at Danish Crown offices abroad – attractive salary + pension + benefits
Further information and application
Director Mads Kinch Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic, tel. +45 2912 6119, email: [email protected] can be contacted for further information on the position.
Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.