Strong and development-oriented Plant Manager for Danish Crown Beef
Foodjob Nordic is looking on behalf of Danish Crown Beef for a strong leader with experience from food production to strengthen the daily operation and development of the company's production site in Husum. The right candidate is given the responsibility for a modern production company, located in Husum in Germany. The factory slaughters over 100,000 cattle annually, and through a series of manual and automatic processes produces a wide range of beef products for the whole world. The factory has 200 hourly paid and 20 salaried employees (including the salaried employees in the administration), a total of 280 employees. The organization consists of a strong team of skilled employees in need of a skilled change leader with strong human and managerial qualities to ensure the continued and future development of the organization, as well as a solid understanding of, and preferably experience with, German culture and the German language.
As Plant Manager, you report to the COO of Danish Crown Beef, and are responsible for the Husum factory's total production and operation. You will be responsible for optimal raw material utilization, technology, production economy, capacity utilization and coordination with the Product Development and Sales departments across markets - both around existing and new products. You get the direct managerial responsibility, which i.a. involves direct management and leadership through managers, personnel planning, and employee development. The right candidate is also used to working closely with Planning, Sales and Purchasing functions.
In close collaboration with other Danish Crown Beef Group functions, you will be responsible for the factory's ability to deliver in the following areas:
- Optimization and streamlining of capacity utilization of the production plant and other resources
- Ensure delivery of the right quality on time in conjunction with requirements and demand from the market
- Ensure a good working climate, strong team spirit and general well-being at the factory
- Compliance with the operating budget and production calculations
- Project Management in connection with installation of new equipment and introduction of new processes
- Contribute to Product and Process Development – including LEAN and other process optimization initiatives
- Participate actively in Danish Crown Beef's journey of change across the Group
The job as Plant Manager contains exciting managerial challenges and good personal development opportunities. You get a lot of freedom to operate, and the opportunity to put your own stamp on the factory. The approach to Management at Group level is characterized by giving freedom under responsibility to act locally, as well as fantastic opportunities across the Group when thinking "Act as one" and a mindset focusing on collaboration opportunities.
The job requires a relevant education at Technician or Engineering level as well as strong competencies as a personnel manager - preferably with a background from the Meat Industry. Experience with, and a solid foundation in, Health & Safety, environment, safety, quality, management and productivity is needed for the position.
Your ability to make things happen through proactive behavior, leadership and professional sparring with your team is crucial to creating great results. Therefore, your experiences with production in the food industry, process industry or the like are of high priority. The tasks are diverse, and the pace is sometimes high. Therefore, it is essential that you:
- Have a high energy level and thrives on many simultaneous tasks at the same time
- Are a skilled communicator with solid language skills in German
- Have the ability to make everyone pull in the same direction and towards the same goals
- Can create an overview and optimize production results and use of resources
- Are structured in your approach to work and can systematize, but at the same time able to think and act pragmatically and creatively when necessary
- Have good collaboration skills across management teams
- Thrive on independence, have quality awareness and have an eye for details
The Plant Manager must be the visible anchor person on the future journey, it is necessary that he or she is willing to establish himself/herself with a residence in the immediate area, or at a reasonable commuting distance to the factory in Husum. The company offers an attractive salary package according to qualifications.
Ready for new challenges?
Contact Director Mads Clemmensen from Foodjob Denmark, tel. 2912 6119, e-mail: [email protected] for further information. Send your application and your CV as soon as possible. Applications are processed on an ongoing basis. We look forward to receiving your application – Foodjob Nordic ensures discretion for all applicants.