Senior Application Scientist, Fresh Dairy
Do you have the know-how and the networking capability to develop the fresh dairy space ?
Foodjob Nordic is looking for a scientist with dairy know-how to join the Fresh Dairy Projects and Competencies Department at Chr. Hansen. The department is part of the Global Dairy Application organization within Chr. Hansen’s largest business unit, Food Cultures and Enzymes.
With this role Chr. Hansen is expanding the capacity for fresh dairy applications and activities to support new product development and strengthen application competencies within the core Fresh Dairy space. The Fresh Dairy organization has close to 40 employees situated in Denmark, France and USA. You will join a team in Denmark that consists of 5 scientists and 4 technicians with different nationalities, and you will report to the Fresh Dairy Projects & Competencies Department Manager.
As Senior Application Scientist your primary focus will be:
- Understanding and translating the market and customer needs into measurable product characteristics working closely with R&D to develop adequate culture and enzyme solutions.
- Defining the relevant process conditions and parameters to test the developed solutions and assess their performance accordingly.
- Driving the application work related to the development of new cultures and enzyme solutions.
- Inspiring customers by demonstrating that the combined use of Chr. Hansen’s products, dairy ingredients and the right process technology can result in innovative concept products.
- Ensure and maintain a high and relevant level of application knowledge and expertise and work to develop strong competencies in areas that are key to the fresh dairy space.
You will be representing the Fresh Dairy Projects & Competencies department as an expert in the application of starter cultures, probiotics and dairy enzymes to produce high quality, innovative and tasty fermented milk products. Working at the interface between Chr. Hansen natural products and the dairy customers of the world, you work in close collaboration with R&D as well as the Commercial and Sales organizations at Chr. Hansen.
The position is based at Chr. Hansen in Hørsholm, Denmark. A travelling activity of around 25 days per year should be expected.
Besides holding a MSc. in dairy technology, food science, bioscience or similar, you have 3-5 years of industrial experience as application specialist (or equivalent) within the dairy space preferably working with dairy processes, dairy enzymes, lactic acid bacteria cultures and/or dairy ingredients.
In addition you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and you enjoy working in an international environment and have multicultural understanding.
As a person you are comfortable interacting with both internal and external stakeholders and you enjoy both the specialist role and being part of a team. You have a passion for developing solutions, products and processes for dairy, and you are eager to become a true cultures and enzymes application expert.