Food Safety and Quality Manager - Plant based Food Ingredients
Foodjob Nordic is looking on behalf of NISCO ApS for a technically sound and experienced profile for a new Food Safety & Quality Manager role. NISCO is a successful international producer of food ingredients company with strong Nordic roots and footprint. You will be a part of a passioned team who is eager to succeed. NISCO is one of the leading suppliers in texturized Pea Protein and we are proud that we are offering “Natural Sustainable Ingredients” mainly to B2B customers with strong brands who are selling to retail. We are growing and we need you to come onboard. The Food Safety and Quality Manager will report the Chief Commercial Officer. The position is a new role based on the need for strength the go-to market focus, competencies, and leadership in the technical-commercial aspects of the business.
NISCO measures the quality of our solutions in the satisfaction of our customers. Working with formulations, technologies, tailor-made and private label solutions you will be involved in a wide variety of customer projects in a challenging environment where two days are never alike. The position is created to increase awareness and compliance of quality standards throughout every phase in the production from receiving the raw material until final production and quality control of distribution. The Food Safety and Quality Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing food safety and quality processes.
This position ensures that all policies, procedures, and activities related to NISCO Safety & Quality are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability. You will develop, formalize and implement the Safety and Quality Policies on a daily basis. Further you will create a roadmap of how we insure that NISCO will be the most innovative partner to our client due to the demand from global food industry B2B key accounts. Experience in working with FDA approvement or similar will be a plus. You will bring Safety and Quality to an elite level which we all will be proud of.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take leadership in the development, training, execution, and verification/validation of all quality systems, including all aspects of food safety and quality
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory legislation, customer demands and their corporate programs. Leads and participates in regulatory, customer and internal audits. Provides leadership in the development, training, and maintenance of the plant Food Safety and Quality Programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of different Food certifications as BRC, HACCP and IFS
- Maintains consistent communication and fosters teamwork between all personal in our 2 production plants in Norway and Denmark
- Champions the use of Quality Improvement Tools, Lean Manufacturing, and Root Cause Analysis
- Follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions, and ensure that product food safety and quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality or personnel safety
- Formalize, formulate and implement Code of Conduct and CSR policies
- Take the lead of Product Specifications and set the standard for Raw material analyses
- Raw material origin documentation
- Process claims and answering questionnaires from our customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field and a minimum of 10 years of supervisory or managerial experience in a food manufacturing environment including quality systems responsibilities
- High energy level, likes to take lead and drive processes with a passion for food safety and quality
- Must have effective communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience or knowledge of all applicable food industry related quality systems
- High work ethics, structure and the ability to prioritize
- Flexible in your approach – every day is different
- Have a home base that allows you to travel – you will have joint meetings with global key accounts
- Extroverted personality as you will communicate with many different people
- Good communication skills in English – written and spoken – is required in the role
To thrive and have success in the role it is also quite important that you possess great interpersonal skills. You are customer-oriented in your approach and you are professional in your behavior and communication. You like working with people with different backgrounds and cultures, and you are motivated by building strong relationships, working closely together with the purpose to create a strong team spirit and culture. We are looking for a pro-active and flexible professional, who is eager to deliver results and ensure that we bring Food Safety and Quality to another level. A team-player who is also strong in project management and able to balance working in details and at the same time keeping the broad overview of many parallel running projects.
Salary and location:
- Based at HQ in Copenhagen Area – attractive salary + pension + benefits
Further information and application Director Mads Kinch Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic, tel. +45 2912 6119, email: [email protected] can be contacted for further information on the position.
Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.
Dette job er ikke tilgængelig mere